Barbu de Watermael thread?

Pics
Also do you think I'd have any luck selling hatching eggs or chicks? I'm not sure enough people know about these to sell. I want a breed I can sell too.
They seem like pet chickens and the eggs are pretty small. I don't know if they would sell well since there not known. I got mine out of curiosity and unique look to them.

They seem like pet chickens and the eggs are pretty small. I don't know if they would sell well since there not known. I got mine out of curiosity and unique look to them.
Yeah that's what I thought, I really like their look so maybe I will try them along with another better selling breed

Hi there! I have been thinking about adding these to my list of breeds I want to hatch. What do you think of them? Are they nice? Do you like them?

You know, I think I honestly have found the perfect chicken. I have nothing bad to say about them really, I adore them SO much. I am working on my NPIP, I'll be going to my first show in late October to learn. I think I'm going to show them, I love them that much. They are incredible little birds. I've kept Wyandotte Ameraucana Orpington Russian Orloff Salmon Faverolles and Barbu D'anvers. These little guys take the prize.

Yeah that's what I thought, I really like their look so maybe I will try them along with another better selling breed

I wouldn't be able to tell you about how well they sell. They are a critically endangered breed in the United States. Every new person that likes them and keeps them is a boon to the community of us that loves them. I paid $250 for 12 eggs. Do with that information what you will.

You know, I think I honestly have found the perfect chicken. I have nothing bad to say about them really, I adore them SO much. I am working on my NPIP, I'll be going to my first show in late October to learn. I think I'm going to show them, I love them that much. They are incredible little birds. I've kept Wyandotte Ameraucana Orpington Russian Orloff Salmon Faverolles and Barbu D'anvers. These little guys take the prize.
Wow! Sounds like wonderful birds! When you get your npip maybe if you ship eggs I could buy some. Yours are beautiful!

BTW your cockerel looks fantastic.
When does he graduate to "rooster"? :D I'm told for American watermael he is too golden. "Technically" the feathers of his body should be chestnut colored and any variation that a real chestnut can have is acceptable range. He is European colored. Personally I think he is stunning. Here is a quail d'anvers I saw at a show recently who has American show quality quail color.

20220830_192714.jpg

Back
Top Bottom