Barbu de Watermael thread?

@SarahLadd , would you happen to have close up face pictures of your Watermael when they were 3 weeks old?

I'm not sure of the sex of my chick and was hoping to use your pictures of there combs as a reference. It had occurred to me just now that I can't go by feather pattern/color. Cause most juveniles molt twice at varying ages. Still hoping for a cockerel, lol.

@SarahLadd , would you happen to have close up face pictures of your Watermael when they were 3 weeks old?

I'm not sure of the sex of my chick and was hoping to use your pictures of there combs as a reference. It had occurred to me just now that I can't go by feather pattern/color. Cause most juveniles molt twice at varying ages. Still hoping for a cockerel, lol.
They'd be in this thread if I had any. TBH the friendlier and more bold and fearless it is in personality the more likely it is to be male. At 6 weeks it was more than obvious who the males and females were. Are there any shoulder feathers yet? Shoulder feathers are a pretty decent indication if they are quail color. I'm not sure what color you chick is, it doesn't look like a quail chick.

They'd be in this thread if I had any. TBH the friendlier and more bold and fearless it is in personality the more likely it is to be male. At 6 weeks it was more than obvious who the males and females were. Are there any shoulder feathers yet? Shoulder feathers are a pretty decent indication if they are quail color. I'm not sure what color you chick is, it doesn't look like a quail chick.
The chicks color looks like this picture. And thanks, for the info at 6 weeks.
Screenshot_20220901-180007_YouTube.jpg

Oh so did you get to choose the color, can I buy them on ebay or only win them
Greenfire Farm sells eggs on eBay auction only. You can by the chicks directly from them though (they do not sell any hatching eggs on their website). Their website has tons of info. Look on the “available now” section for which breeds are available and when. Looks like they have a mixed color flock of the Barbu de Watermael.😊

Back
Top Bottom