Barbu de Watermael thread?

Greenfire Farm sells eggs on eBay auction only. You can by the chicks directly from them though (they do not sell any hatching eggs on their website). Their website has tons of info. Look on the “available now” section for which breeds are available and when. Looks like they have a mixed color flock of the Barbu de Watermael.😊
Ok thanks, I definitely want hatching eggs, I really just want the quail or blue quail color but I can sell/ give away the extras. I seen another ebay place that sells them too.

Oh so did you get to choose the color, can I buy them on ebay or only win them
I had no options on color. I could only guess what I might receive based on the pictures Greenfire had on their website and their facebook page. Greenfire imports birds from outside the US, that's their whole function, to research rare birds in europe and bring them back to us in the states. They don't separate these birds by color, only by breed.

I had no options on color. I could only guess what I might receive based on the pictures Greenfire had on their website and their facebook page. Greenfire imports birds from outside the US, that's their whole function, to research rare birds in europe and bring them back to us in the states. They don't separate these birds by color, only by breed.
Well you got mostly quail so maybe I'll get lucky with at least a roo and hen of quail.

Well you got mostly quail so maybe I'll get lucky with at least a roo and hen of quail.
Quail is pretty likely but you're also likely to see some buff columbian genetics. Either partial or in full. I hatched one full buff columbian and two buff columbian quail mixes. Blue, genetically, is one of those simple punnett square genetics that's dominant, so if you have a blue quail hen and a quail rooster, half her babies will be blue quail and half her babies will be standard quail. I have one blue quail hen, so if I'm diligent about tracking her eggs, I can assume half her offspring from Agate will be blue.
IMG_6868.jpg

Quail is pretty likely but you're also likely to see some buff columbian genetics. Either partial or in full. I hatched one full buff columbian and two buff columbian quail mixes. Blue, genetically, is one of those simple punnett square genetics that's dominant, so if you have a blue quail hen and a quail rooster, half her babies will be blue quail and half her babies will be standard quail. I have one blue quail hen, so if I'm diligent about tracking her eggs, I can assume half her offspring from Agate will be blue.
View attachment 3244404
Thanks for the info, I really don't want to have buff Columbian because I have a buff Columbian (not of this breed) hen.
I love that hen!!!!
I will either take the chance with Greenfire or wait until you have eggs, preferably from pearl, jasper, or any of your quail or blue quail hens (even if it's February or March). Hope you don't mind me sort of hijacking this thread 😀

Back
Top Bottom