Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

the other day I called Ideal and asked them If they would send me a pic of thier breeding stock so I would know what I was getting if I orders som males from them they would not. I dont know about you guys but that sounds fishy to me. like they wouldnt want me to see what they are doing or somthing.

Quote:
We'll be waiting on those pics, amazondoc!
big_smile.png

caf.gif

Quote:
I tryed joining about 3 weeks ago and never heard back that was the no help I was talking about so I thought I would give it 1 more try Im glad I started here first I need to find some things out from you before I went into a group with quality birds. Thanks for the welcome. You are so coooooool
cool.png

Last edited:
Bluehenhatchery.com :

tfpets

Its great to have you here the more people that want to work on barnevelders the better.

Thanks....although Amazondoc is gonna think I'm a stalker - we seem to have alot of similar interest in poultry breeds.
big_smile.png
I'll have to check out the Barnevelder yahoo sight.

I have a hard time using the term Barnies
big_smile.png
I keep thinkin of Purple dinosaurs? I'll get used to it though! Is that a correct nickname for Barnevelders?

Tina​

Oh Lord, and I despise Barnie (Barney? sp?) the dinosaur!!
tongue.gif
sickbyc.gif
tongue.gif

Most breeds with long names have nicknames -- Orps, Wellies, Barnies, and so on. I'm a little surprised nobody calls Araucanas something like aries.
wink.png

Bluehenhatchery.com :

Quote:
From what of I have heard there are lots of us on here that will be able to help you keep in mind the eggs are not real dark just yet when my hens get laying again should be any day I think I can help you. go to my site to see more bluehenhatchery.com

You mention going to your site. I might be missing it, but I don't see a link. How much do you charge for a doz eggs?​

Quote:
I have some Ideal Barnevelders that I got last spring. All my chickens are pets so I love them. They are beautiful, healthy birds!

Here are the two boys I have. They were hatched last year at this time as well as the hens.
I have 20 Barnevelder chicks due from Ideal in a few weeks just to help getting a bigger flock started plus I will probably be one of those that begs eggs from other breeders.

This is Big Barnie that is in solitaire.

9332_barnie_butt.jpg

And here is his little brother with one of his hens.

9332_lil_barnie_n_hen.jpg

I know it will be years but I think they are well worth the effort to make a nice flock of gorgeous birds and pretty eggs.

Edited to say the larger roo probably weighs closer to 9 lbs or more where as his little brother is probably 7 lbs or more now and they are only a year old. I'll take the scales down to the barn when it is warmer but I was a vet tech for over 16 years so I am used to carrying pets and guessing weights that are close to accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nadine

I forget where did you say your birds came from? I dont think 9 pounds is to far of a stretch it just means that you feed your birds well. It may just be the light but does big Barnie have more red then his little borther? They look so healthy.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom