Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Hello every one byc member here new to this thread was wondering if anyone here was a breeder and had some chicks to sale? Me and a few breeder friends of mine have tasked me with locating and purchasing some of these beautiful birds

I'm in Washington State and Janelle Pruitt raises award winning birds….easiest would be to find your BYC state thread and ask there as well as searching for any poultry associations in your state, poultry shows that you can visit.

I have a question about egg laying. My Barnevelders were hatched in May and I still have no eggs from them. I have another flock( couple of different breeds there, and they are separated from Barnevelders) , and they have been laying good and almost thro winter. I feed them layer feed, kitchen scraps and even some cat food to boost protein intake. They have fresh water daily. Is it normal?

It's not uncommon for barnevelders to take 9 months mature especially with the short days of winter.

Are they free range, make sure they aren't laying in a hedge or bush.

Post a picture that shows the comb

I will post pictures later, but their combs are red, not too deep red, but quite red. That is why I thought that they should lay soon, and it has been a month or so with their combs been red. The roosters started to crow at the beginning of winter. They look mature and well.

Back
Top Bottom