Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Your chicks are amazing!! I'm saddened to report I have lost my chick with a broken jaw! She was so bad off I put her out of her misery. Today is a Easter I shall never forget! To wait for your chicks for so long, to care for them, then one of them become injured, and finally commit to the thought of loosing her! Happy Easter to all.

I am so sorry
hugs.gif
That is one of the hardest decisions to make when it comes to chicken husbandry.

Hey everyone! I was wondering who could tell me who is the best people to order Barnevelder CHICKS from? I dont want to settle for hatchery quality birds, I recently acquired BLRW chicks from in my mind the best breeder in the U.S. I do not want birds that I will have to work with. Just maintain. Let me know if you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!!

I've been lurking on this thread for awhile. I don't have any Barnevelders yet, but was hoping to get some. I had ordered some & just found out tonight they aren't available. Is there anyone on here that could sell me a few chicks & ship them?

I have set my first Barnevelder eggs in my incubator (thank you TLS!) so now it is wait and see! I am SO excited! I incubator is completely full with Barnies and Silkies (from Catdance) so in three weeks I will hopefully be overrun with chicks! Whoo Hooo!!!

Trisha, tlsranch, is hands down the one for barnies. I lurked on here a while looking for barnies to improve my birds lines. I was hesitate because of the distance, she's in CA and I'm in TN, but I made my peace and jumped in. I've got her eggs in the bator now, but I will buy my blue barnie eggs from her. eggs are well packed, and she's wonderful to deal with. One of the nicest ladies on here.

Oh, by the way, GORGEOUS silvers, banties and LF, SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!

Trisha, tlsranch, is hands down the one for barnies. I lurked on here a while looking for barnies to improve my birds lines. I was hesitate because of the distance, she's in CA and I'm in TN, but I made my peace and jumped in. I've got her eggs in the bator now, but I will buy my blue barnie eggs from her. eggs are well packed, and she's wonderful to deal with. One of the nicest ladies on here.

Oh, by the way, GORGEOUS silvers, banties and LF, SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!
x2
thumbsup.gif

Hi Helen

I just hatched some silvers last week, they are too young to tell much about as far as how they will look. This is the forth year of the project and the chicks I hatched are 7/8 Barnie large fowl silver double laced. I will post some pictures in a few weeks when I see how the chicks look. I have about 20 chicks in the brooder right now from that project and some are showing silver and hopefully more will as they develop. These chicks are all from my silver project rooster bred to very nice double laced Barnevelder pullets.

I also have a silver project hen that has recently come off her egg laying strike and she is going into a pen with a nice Johan Rooster. My silver project birds from last year that I kept for breeding this spring were both silver-blues. I am not too fond of the look of the silver-blue variety, it looks sort of washed out to me, and I will be keeping the silver on black in this generation.

Andy

Hi Helen

I just hatched some silvers last week, they are too young to tell much about as far as how they will look. This is the forth year of the project and the chicks I hatched are 7/8 Barnie large fowl silver double laced. I will post some pictures in a few weeks when I see how the chicks look. I have about 20 chicks in the brooder right now from that project and some are showing silver and hopefully more will as they develop. These chicks are all from my silver project rooster bred to very nice double laced Barnevelder pullets.

I also have a silver project hen that has recently come off her egg laying strike and she is going into a pen with a nice Johan Rooster. My silver project birds from last year that I kept for breeding this spring were both silver-blues. I am not too fond of the look of the silver-blue variety, it looks sort of washed out to me, and I will be keeping the silver on black in this generation.

Andy
The silver on black is just a stunning contrast. Not sure I'd like silver on blue either.

Back
Top Bottom