Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Hey All,
A few shots of my girls from Trisha's eggs. 24 weeks old this weekend. No eggs yet, but soon I hope. Couldn't be happier with there beauty though!

50610_barnies1.jpg

50610_barnies2.jpg

50610_barnies3.jpg

50610_barnies4.jpg

50610_barnies5.jpg

and posing with one of my Lav girls from HappyMtn stock...

50610_barnies6.jpg

Steve

Quote:
They are beautiful!!!!!!!!
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
love.gif
When ya gunna hurry up and share?!?!?!?!
big_smile.png

Love the coop, it looks great!

and Thank you!

Soon
smile.png
The girls are just coming into lay. In fact the "2nd best" pullet just laid her first egg today....after I posted the pictures:)

Trisha

Congratulations on the egg!
ya.gif
Now wouldya tell those girls to step on it already????
lol.png

Hey question for ya....do you have pictures of the eggs to share? That would be awesome!
smile.png

Last edited:
Not the best pic, but I took this the other day. The darkest egg is from one of the other blue pullets. She has good color, but is not fully double laced and I don't like her tail either.The other "blue" egg is from a blue pullet that is really dark and has somewhat messy double lacing. On the bright side she has the best conformation of all the pullets.

So out of the four pullets, 2 are laying medium brown with no gloss and one is laying medium/dark brown with excellent gloss.
fl.gif
that the best pullet will also have the glossy finish when she starts laying.

These are all pullet eggs from the first week of lay.
30473_egg_colors_2.jpg

I would say it's a pretty good improvement over the original egg color of the wyandottes I used for the project. Check out the really pale wyandotte egg.
30473_wyandotte_egg_color.jpg

Quote:
LOVELY!!!!!!
love.gif
Thank you so much for sharing them.

Great job! And yes I would say there is definite improvement! LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to get some.

*quietly chants to self*

" I hope it's soon, I hope it's soon, I hope it's soon!"
fl.gif

Wow! The blue girls are beautiful! (and boys too of course!) I can't wait to see more pics!

In the meantime, I just have to share this stinkeye from one of my little five day old chicks!

80581_100_2423.jpg

Back
Top Bottom