Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

i think my barnies are stunted as well as the marans- though the marans are a bit taller.
sad.png
they need to grow bigger.

Hey, Kelly - to me, it looks like #2 has split wing...?? Also, #1 has a fuller breast, making for an overall more aesthetically pleasing picture. I know nothing about Barnies, just commenting because Kelly's my bud.
big_smile.png
They're ALL beautiful to me!

Kelly~

They are looking great and I agree 100% with Trisha and Wynette. I love that darker coloring on #2 but his wing has me worried.

Trisha~

That vb/Johan roo is a looker isn't he? WoW!!!!

Quote:
Thanks, I glad I was able to get him shipped from Ted Rock in NY. He originally got eggs from C. Ledford and Johan and crossed the two lines. I haven't heard from Ted since last Jan and I wonder what's up with him. I hope he's ok and I'm wonder if he still has his flock. He was having some serious coon issues last I heard.

This roo has thrown some really nice pullets when crossed with my pure vB hens. I'm going to use him again next year too. I kept 4 of his son's this year: 3 barnevelders and one Cornvelder cockerel. They seem to be growing up nicely too.

Trisha

I just had to share some pics of my five week old Barnies!!! I think they are adorable... I have no idea on sex yet and if anybody has any critiques, I welcome them
smile.png
They are only cell phone pics and it was an overcast day.

80581_2011-10-29_165449-1.jpg

80581_2011-10-29_165246-1.jpg

I am very sorry, but I just cannot get this picture to rotate... silly computers!

80581_2011-10-29_165602.jpg

They all look like pullets too because of the coloring, full feathering and full tails. I would expect any boys to be less feathered out, darker colored and have brighter red combs by now. That's my best guess:)

Trisha

edited to add: This year I had cockerels that started crowing at 3 weeks, LOL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom