Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Thanks pinkchick.... I was hoping to avoid some zealot just telling me straight off that I should cull. I've done several searches on this site and found a lot of good treatment info. I was just hoping some wise been there done that kind of people had some advice to make my decision easier. I will try posting there and see if I can brave the wolves!

Hmm, not that one. I had considered mycotoxins but not botulism. Thanks
smile.png
off to do some more reading!

I'd definitely look up botulism - could she have gotten into some poison around?

Chickens are very good at hiding their pain, so it's not an easy thing to determine. You can dribble water on their beak to get them some fluids, but it's much harder to force feed a chicken. She's still eating, so that's a good sign. I hope she improves for you.
fl.gif
Good luck.

Quote:
How's things going Willow?

Well Padme's still not using her legs but she has a great appetite and is drinking well and she's 'talking' to me quite a bit, so I'm still waiting. I'm trying the Poly-vi-sol and I've dewormed her, so maybe I'll see some changes in a couple days? I still don't know if I'm doing the right thing, but she SEEMS happy, so I guess I'll wait and see. Thanks for checking on us
smile.png

In Barnie news, it's really fun watching my little flock grow up... they are three months old now and really starting to get their adult feathers. I may be partial, but I think my little roo-boy is going to be beautiful! He has tail fluff right now
sad.png
but hopefully he's gonna grow some more feathers to cover that... he doesn't really have any saddle feathers right now.

Willow, that sounds like Mareks. One leg forward and one leg backwards is a classic symptom. But Pink is right, if you go to the Illness Forum you might get a better response.

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom