Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Quote:
fl.gif
for pullets:) I wonder why your girl stopped
hu.gif
. I'm getting about 6-7 eggs per day from my barnie pen. The "old" ladies aren't laying yet, but I think all of the barnie pullets are now laying. A few of the cornevelders are the only pullets still holding out on me, but again I just got a first egg from one of them. Boy did she sing, brag, cluck and make a huge fuss today
lol.png
And.......Since the girls are now laying well........

Yay!!!! I just posted my first auction for Blue project eggs!!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
fl.gif
for pullets:) I wonder why your girl stopped
hu.gif
. I'm getting about 6-7 eggs per day from my barnie pen. The "old" ladies aren't laying yet, but I think all of the barnie pullets are now laying. A few of the cornevelders are the only pullets still holding out on me, but again I just got a first egg from one of them. Boy did she sing, brag, cluck and make a huge fuss today
lol.png
And.......Since the girls are now laying well........

Yay!!!! I just posted my first auction for Blue project eggs!!!!
wee.gif

Congrats! Someday.... I will def have to get some!

I FINALLY have some good pics of my young ones! The stars aligned for decent weather, I had a camera with me, and they grew out of their latest awkward stage. They are about 3 1/2 mos old. Please let me know what you guys think
smile.png

80581_2012-01-04_171745.jpg

80581_2012-01-04_172102.jpg

80581_2012-01-04_171544.jpg

And a closer pic of Darcy...

80581_2012-01-04_172108-1.jpg

Got some new baby pics of the little spash "cockerel". I'm pretty sure it's a boy:) I'm very curious to see how the he feathers out as he's getting more and more blue/gold markings growing in.

30473_dscn0096.jpg

Here's the rest of the chicks...growing like weeds and eating like little pigs.
30473_dscn0097.jpg

So 1 of my barnie pullets is laying her egg in the coop floor, pretty sure its the 1 that I traded for the chicks I thought were roos. Anyway is there a way to train her to lay in the nest? Or is it a lost cause? We let them out early 1 morning & she layed an egg in the middle of our yard. Should nick name her Easter Egger lol cause its an egg hunt every morning. I might just have to get rid of her (find another home). She's a freak anyway, the only one that will make a wide circle around me to stay away from me, all my other chickens stay close cause they understand I bring food & treats. She also taught my other older hens to roost inside on the nest boxes making a mess of the top nest boxes, they don't use the inside roost anymore grrr.

Shannon

Back
Top Bottom