Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Sometimes they get surprised by the first few eggs. All of my pullets have found their way to the nesting boxes within a week.

Its been almost 3 wks, both started laying a few days before Christmas. 1 lays in the nest & the other on the coop floor. A couple of days a go I went in the coop to fill all the feeders & forgot to watch my feet, crunch goes an egg. So annoying.

Shannon

Some of mine were like this as well. They layed wherever they happen to be standing at the moment...coop floor, run, flower bed, lawn..didn't matter. I had daily egg hunts for weeks until they finally started laying in the boxes. Don't give up hope! I suspect she will eventually find her way to a next box.

I've kept my golf balls that I put in there initially in the nesting boxes. Tried to take them out, but then I moved the nest box and everybody got confused. Avery now and again one is in a random place, as if it took them by surprise lol! I also got some 'fake eggs' recently... idk what they are made of, I was buying an egg basket on ebay and they came with. Look just like the real thing (white ones) if anybody is interested in them.

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share some pics of my new acquisitions, Bantam Barnevelders! I got these 10 little guys from birdsnbeast and they are amazing! I'm hoping to keep most of the pullets and the best cockerel to start a small breeding flock. Anyway, here are the pictures! And there is also a little silky chick in there
fl.gif
for a girl!

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share some pics of my new acquisitions, Bantam Barnevelders! I got these 10 little guys from birdsnbeast and they are amazing! I'm hoping to keep most of the pullets and the best cockerel to start a small breeding flock. Anyway, here are the pictures! And there is also a little silky chick in there
fl.gif
for a girl!

Congratulations! They are adorable!

I fell in love with birdsnbeasts bantams when she was here visiting one day on her way home from a show, she was picking up some LF Barnie cockerels from me and of course I got to visit with all of her little beauties in the back of the van. They were soooooooooooo sweet!
love.gif

Hey everyone! I subscribed to this thread.
Does Birdsnbeast have a website? I tried to contact with no luck. Thanks
I sent you a PM. My first keystroke on the new system. I am computer illiterate so this change-over is, well can we say, challenging...

k/

too little time, too little $$$, not too many chickens

Hi I am new to this thread. i have a Barnevelder Roo and Pullet...We are looking to breed them...but I am still learning as I go :) She just started laying this past month...Are Barneveldors in demand? I see they are hard to come by...just wondering....

Back
Top Bottom