Barnevelder gender tracking. 3 - 9 weeks

Boy or Girl?

• Total voters
Pics
1000008936.jpg

He goes to his new home today. Bitter sweet. Gives me a reason to go visit my sil more! 😂

Why do you s

ay cockerel? I have Barnevelder and it looks like this but it’s female …. Curious ?
I'm not the person you were asking, but for me it was the large comb/wattles and feet that said cockerel to me. The coloring looked female for quite a while, but in the latest update he looks like a cockerel should.

Yeah this is by far my most complicated chicken experience. I've spent many, many, many hours searching the Internet for photos of barnevelders of ALL ages and still come up with thinking "Dang, who knows?!"... It's been really fun though. I still have a hard time with the waddles and comb. That's got me balancing on the fence pretty wobbly like. 😂
I’m in the same boat. I have a 7-8 week old Barnevelder and it looks not like this one but I have my suspicions as well I’m going to have to post a picture of mi e and jump in here cause I’m completely confused about 4 of my birds. Another I believe is a hen but she has an attitude if she is pullet …3 are EE one barn elder and a Wyandotte that has a red comb but all else I see says pullet I’ve never been this confused with my others they all were easy hen hen hen … this time I’m thinking I have a roo or three which will be very disappointing since I can’t have them here and because they were all sexed at birth …. So …. I know sometimes they are not right but with this many? I’ve always gotten my chicks from here and all have been correct and were hens but I don’t know this go round

Back
Top Bottom