Barnyard Mix- help me ID please

So it’s been about 24 hours and no other eggs have hatched this little chick is just pummeling these other eggs. Is that okay or should I move this one chick to the brooder. I worry about it getting cold without the others to huddle with.
As long as there is a source of heat and the brooder is warm enough the chick will be ok.

If no other eggs hatch you should try finding the chick a friend though

As long as there is a source of heat and the brooder is warm enough the chick will be ok.

If no other eggs hatch you should try finding the chick a friend though
That’s what I was thinking; it’s a slightly staggered hatch so today is hatch day for everyone else. If by the end of the day I don’t have more chicks I feel like I should move it to the brooder. I’ve had my eyes on some silkies locally so I guess plan b isn’t the worst option.

That’s what I was thinking; it’s a slightly staggered hatch so today is hatch day for everyone else. If by the end of the day I don’t have more chicks I feel like I should move it to the brooder. I’ve had my eyes on some silkies locally so I guess plan b isn’t the worst option.
It wouldnt hurt to move it right now.
Ive had staggered hatches where one chick was in the brooder for a day before the others. She also hatched day 20. All the others hatched at night on Day 21 or early morning Day 22.

For starters, your Olive Eggers are not mixed with Cream Legbar, some varieties of Olive Eggers have tuffs on their heads. Such as Hoovers Hatchery's Olive Eggers.
Huh?

https://www.hoovershatchery.com/oliveegger.html
Hoovers Hatchery Olive Eggers. A quote from their description:
"Our Olive Eggers come from a couple of different crosses. We have one line that is a cross of Americanas and French Cuckoo Marans.... We also have another cross that is between Legbars and Welsummers..."

So the Hoovers Olive Eggers that you mention, that have a tuft on their head, are a mix that includes Legbars. That is where the tuft comes from: the Legbar in the mix.

Since the OP has Olive Eggers with crests on their heads, those Olive Eggers probably ARE part Legbar.

Huh?

"Our Olive Eggers come from a couple of different crosses. We have one line that is a cross of Americanas and French Cuckoo Marans.... We also have another cross that is between Legbars and Welsummers..."

So the Hoovers Olive Eggers that you mention, that have a tuft on their head, are a mix that includes Legbars. That is where the tuft comes from: the Legbar in the mix.

Since the OP has Olive Eggers with crests on their heads, those Olive Eggers probably ARE part Legbar.
Thanks I didn't know that before.

Huh?

I didn’t even know that! I was just making sense of what would create a chicken like that and that’s what makes the most sense to me. Thank you for sharing!

I didn’t even know that! I was just making sense of what would create a chicken like that and that’s what makes the most sense to me. Thank you for sharing!
I thought the same as you did. But when someone cited Hoovers Olive Eggers, I checked what their website said-- yup, they're using Cream Legbars in some of their lines. Cream Legbars are the obvious source for a crest or tuft on the head while also providing a blue egg gene.

I think everyone that’s going to hatch has hatched. I couldn’t be more pleased with our new flock additions!!

Attachments

• IMG_0508.png
    IMG_0508.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0480.jpeg
    IMG_0480.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0460.jpeg
    IMG_0460.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0445.jpeg
    IMG_0445.jpeg