Barred Plymouth Rock - Rooster?

FinnEllaMom

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 9, 2019
So... this young one, Salt is 3 months old. Definitely the biggest of my flock. The comb and waddle is
1000009235.jpg
1000009236.jpg
bigger than the other's. I've also included a picture of Pepper. Is it true that Barred Plymouth Rock roosters tend to be more docile?

Just based off of the barring, Salt is a cockerel and Pepper is a pullet. BPR roosters are usually quite nice, but it really just depends on the individual.

Thanks! So, currently I am able to pick Salt up. He fusses at first then settles down. If I continue to do this any chance he won't be a mean rooster? I've never had a rooster. I don't want to separate him from the girls. But, I've seen what a rooster can do... not just to people but the ladies in the coop.

Thanks! So, currently I am able to pick Salt up. He fusses at first then settles down. If I continue to do this any chance he won't be a mean rooster? I've never had a rooster. I don't want to separate him from the girls. But, I've seen what a rooster can do... not just to people but the ladies in the coop.
We also incorporate our kids in holding and cuddling. Giving them treats etc helps too!

Back
Top Bottom