Barred Rock? Dominique? California Gray? Something else? lol :)

What color egg does a California Gray lay? I found a cream tinted, long, slender egg today! lol

Top, right...

And, i'm not sure who laid the odd egg! lol
My Buff Orpington and Rhode Island Red girls lay the medium/dark eggs, like the 2 to the left.
My Minorca is my only white egg layer..

Only other 2 possibilites are a new Croad Langshan pullet I recently bought..
But from my understanding, they lay a dark egg, with a "purplish bloom"?
(she's another one that never laid for her previous owner, but she's only 8 months old)

And then, there is the new girl.. The Barred Rock or California Gray - whichever she may be! lol

I was told she hadn't laid eggs for the previous owner, in the couple months or so that she had her...
So, I figured she was an older, "Spent hen"? Maybe not? lol

A few people on Facebook think she looks like a Barred Rock pullet, or a bantam Barred Rock?

What color egg does a California Gray lay? I found a cream tinted, long, slender egg today! lol

Top, right...

And, i'm not sure who laid the odd egg! lol
My Buff Orpington and Rhode Island Red girls lay the medium/dark eggs, like the 2 to the left.
My Minorca is my only white egg layer..

Only other 2 possibilites are a new Croad Langshan pullet I recently bought..
But from my understanding, they lay a dark egg, with a "purplish bloom"?
(she's another one that never laid for her previous owner, but she's only 8 months old)

And then, there is the new girl.. The Barred Rock or California Gray - whichever she may be! lol

I was told she hadn't laid eggs for the previous owner, in the couple months or so that she had her...
So, I figured she was an older, "Spent hen"? Maybe not? lol

A few people on Facebook think she looks like a Barred Rock pullet, or a bantam Barred Rock?
They lay white eggs :) it could be from the langshan. if its her first egg it will look weird and could be the wrong color, as she lays it will darken up and change shape

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom