Barred rock/Sex Link cross

topdog24

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 8, 2014
Jena Louisiana,
I have recently started raising chickens again after many years away from it, my question is, Does anyone here know of anyone who has crossed Barred's and black Sex Link breeds.

Quote:
Actually only on about 50% of them, the other 50% will be all black and all barred.. why? well the BSL females are E/eWh and Co/co+ meaning they only have 50% chance at giving their progeny the Columbian Restrictor(Responsible for the leakage) the other 50% will not inherit this, now eWh could give out some leakage, its not as bas as Co, so 50% will inherit eWh wheaten too.. but as I said their leakage will be minimal if any

Thanks for the information on this, this will be a project for me in the future as soon as i have the right everything in order to do it correctly

Thanks for the information on this, this will be a project for me in the future as soon as i have the right everything in order to do it correctly
I'm just wondering why you'd be doing this, specifically as a project? A black sex link is already half Rock, so I'm not seeing the huge gain from breeding it to a pure Rock. If you want pure Rocks, just start with them, they're easy to come by. I feel like I'm missing your endgame lol.

And, if you can get nice yellow legs on them? That'd be something. Up hill climb, I think.
You and your yellow legs
big_smile.png
I agree that'd be very striking!

Back
Top Bottom