Barred Rock vs Dominicker

Sure. Barred rocks have a more distinct pattern, single comb and are a fairly good dual purpose breed if memory serves.

Dominiques are an old heritage breed of chicken with a rose comb and probably are better at flying than Barred Rocks (less body weight).

Yes!!!
big_smile.png

AAARRRGGG!!!!

Dominiques vs. Barred Rocks.

Dominecker is a general term that was used in "olden times" to describe birds with the barred pattern.

Dominiques have a rose-comb, less definition in their barring and are generally smaller. They lay brown eggs.

Barred Rocks have a single comb, are "blocky" and have straight lines going over their bodies on each individual feather. HOWEVER, hatchery stock can have similar lines to a cuckoo maran and dominiques. In this case, the comb is sometimes the only way to tell the difference between the two breeds (Dominique and Barred Rock).

Dominique:
DBD_0004797_20030528115633.jpg

Barred Rock:
Barred%20Rock%20Rooster.jpg

Sorry...I just LOVE this Barred Rock....

Both of those boys are purdy!
smile.png
I have the Domineckers
big_smile.png
, as I find they have perky personalities and are good layers. I like the fact that they are a heritage breed also. Sweet, fat hens that lay pretty brown eggs...can it get any better? Well, except my big, blue roo, of course!
cool.png

Sorry, must get in the bragging while I can....
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom