Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

Yes thats my cousin Donalds son who I have never met. His grand father was my uncle Joe who lived in Centralia Washington. He had a great carrer in music and his name is all over the internet when you type in our last name..bob

Quote:
Oh that's pretty awesome.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hey Bob,
You know Dick never ceases to amaze me with the quality of birds he has. I may have to give Dick a call.
wink.png

Them are very nice birds...

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
Okay, I'd like to jump on that wagon as well.

sign me up too.

I don't know where Jeremy is with orders, but you can contact him via email:
[email protected]
Jeremy Woeppel
XW Poultry Ranch
Chambers, Nebraska

I PROMISE, I PROMISE, I PROMISE ..... to get this stock out to as many people as I possibly can! As soon as I start getting eggs I plan to incubate. Can't really send out eggs in the winter. Well, chicks either. BUT, I figured I could get them started here anyway. NOW >>>>> waiting for the eggs!

Last edited:
I am going to talk to Jeremy tomorrow on my way home from a chicken show I am going to. He is gearing up for the rush orders for his birds. We are very lucky that he has a good many birds that will be laying this hatching season. He wants me to help him breed these birds and will give him the best advice I can. I saw one male and one female that really got my juices going and I would love to have five chicks out of that male to try to get one to look like him. He had a big frame and extended keel bone. He had a nice tail whick you see on most white rocks but on barred rock strains most ot the time the males tails look like you know what. Kathy has a male that is a killer to and could be the brother to the male Jeremy photographed. What is so interesting about Franks strain is how old they are. I was talking to a freind in Canada the other day and he said they could be the oldest strain of chickens in the USA. E B Thopson was showing these birds the Ringlettes in 1905. He had them befor 1895. Ralph Sturegeon got them in the 1920s and Frank got them fro Mr. Sturegeon about 50 years ago. Do the math no out crosses for Frank Reese line. He has breed them pure all these years. Now the bad news, Frank needs every egg he can get to sell these birds for meat. He gets a fortune for these birds dressed. The next thing is he breeds these things to taste great so they may be the best chicken you ever ate.

I plan to have a few next spring and we all will all just have to be patient on this strain. There are however about four other good strains of barred rocks in the USA so if you want some contact me and I can get you in touch with the breeders. Remeber these guys are not hatheries and dont sell baby chicks in lots of 25 ect. They may sell you a few eggs and they may tell you NO. There is a fellow in Virgina named Joel Gilman and he advertises in the Poultry Press. He has Buff, Partridge, White and Barred large fowl. You could get say 12 barred rock and 10 buff rock chicks and what ever else he may have in a order. He is a good breeder and sells a lot of baby chicks per year.

Anyway thought I would at least tell you that. Also, there are a few people who just got started with barred rocks you may live near them and you could go to thier homes and get a few eggs and bring them back in your car. Scott with Yard full of Rocks has some nice barred rocks he got from a member of our Plymouth Rock Club.

Well if anything I have done on this web site is we sure got people fired up about Barred Rocks and thanks to Kathy for driving over and getting hers from Jeremy and taking pictures of them as we would have never know how good they are. Also I picked up about 10 new members to the Plymouth Rock Club from you on this site we are only off by two or three people Almost hit 200 members for the year. The it the most we have had in 10 to 15 years. Thank you for joining andthank you for your interest in Plymouth Rocks. bob

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom