Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

I have been doing a little research on the Barred Rocks I have. So far I have been told there are two line...Erik Nelson and Guy Roy. Not sure why but Erik Nelson sounds really familiar. Does anyone out there know anything about either or both of these two barred rock breeders?

I have been doing a little research on the Barred Rocks I have. So far I have been told there are two line...Erik Nelson and Guy Roy. Not sure why but Erik Nelson sounds really familiar. Does anyone out there know anything about either or both of these two barred rock breeders?
How about Frank Resse? Of Good Shepard Poultry Ranch????? I am not into showing chickens but those names are not familiar to me.

This morning I went out to find one of my cockerels (about 7-8 months old) looking all dejected and his head and neck drooped. I thought maybe the others beat him up, but there is no mark or blood on him. Does anybody know what might be the cause? I have a lot of cockerels--and he did not make the cut to go to the Tucson show this past weekend, so I have no qualms about culling him but I'd like to know what the problem is for my education. DMRippy, someone not too long ago posted photos of a bird that is drooping like that on one of the Marans threads, do you remember seeing it and was there any answer about cause? I am way behind threads this time of year, what with the show (I took 25 birds) and now getting ready to process 17 turkeys.

lots of things were tosses around. but I never heard an answer. he called a state vet and he didn't know either. they quit the FF and worming......but they still don't know. sorry. try some vitamins that was tossed out there too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom