Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

I'm new to breeding. I would like honest opinions. Are these up to breeding quality. Constructive criticism very much appreciated.

I am posting photos of my Good Shepard Poultry Ranch rooster. He is almost one year old. I would love comments both good and bad. Please evaluate. I had several roosters but he was the only one that made the final cut.

I am posting photos of my Good Shepard Poultry Ranch rooster. He is almost one year old. I would love comments both good and bad. Please evaluate. I had several roosters but he was the only one that made the final cut.

Can you get photos that show a nice side view? These are taken somewhat front and side. And a view facing front. From what I can see, he is lacking a tail. Appears to have nice color and wing set. Hard to tell on his chest, is it nice and rounded? Or does he look like a triangle from the side? Lack of tail appears to be his worst fault to me.

I never wanted a barred rock, having only seen hatchery birds. I actually didnt like them much until I saw these! Wow! I want!
:eek:
May I ask about the lay rate, growth rate, vigor, pullet/mature weight on the Good shepard line? I will be hatching alot once I get set up, leaning towards the meat end of the dual purpose designation, keeping the best for breeders and layers, is why Im asking.
:D

I never wanted a barred rock, having only seen hatchery birds. I actually didnt like them much until I saw these! Wow! I want!
ep.gif

May I ask about the lay rate, growth rate, vigor, pullet/mature weight on the Good shepard line? I will be hatching alot once I get set up, leaning towards the meat end of the dual purpose designation, keeping the best for breeders and layers, is why Im asking.
big_smile.png

Mine are really good layers. I have 5 hens and get 3-5 eggs a day.... I am really surprised when I find less than 4.

Hi everyone! It has been a few years since I have been active on this thread, but wanted to stop in again! I currently have one nice hen left from when I was breeding BRs. I am really missing having a breeding group going, and excitedly awaiting some eggs to get started back up! Anyways, just wanted to say hi and share my only nice hen left ;) I would love to hear any critiques on her!

Back
Top Bottom