Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

I am in Eustis area in central fl. I am looking for a breeder in fl that breeds heritage barred rocks , not hatchery stock. I am wanting to help preserve the breed. if anyone could point me In the right direction I would really appreciate it.

I am breeding them and can ship to you. I just put eggs in the incubator to check for fertility since I just set up a breeding pen for them.
what is min of chicks you can send? Price? Can you pm me with details? Thanks

How old are they?

I hatched between 2/10 and 3/20 of this year. They are mixed line Barred Rocks. Some are second generation Good Shepard X Marvin Stukel lines, some are 3/4 Good Shepard 1/4 Jamie Duckworth lines. I had pure Good Shepard but had too much trouble with hatchability with them, so I did some outcrossing. That made a tremendous difference in vigor and hatchability. Now I'm trying to pick the best and move on from there.

Just finished reading through the entire thread, It was great reading. I learned some new things and really enjoyed the gorgeous pictures.

Anyone selling show quality barred rock rooster near south georgia area? Doest have to be perfect its for a dual purpose flock im trying to breed

I am in North Florida and will have chicks from my Exhibition Line. ( I have a Good Shepard x Stukel) quad. Here is a young cockerel-

I also have a Utility Line I created by crossing Delaware to GS Barred Rocks. They are 3/4 Rock and 1/4 Del, and do not have the crisp barring of the show line, but are much faster maturing and they lay like nobody's business : ) They might be better suited to your needs.

Back
Top Bottom