Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

If I had time to go through all the posts on this thread I'm sure I would find it but I will ask again. How does one purchase hatching eggs from good Shepherd? I cannot find anything on his website. Is it possible or do you have to go through a third-party breeder? And who is the best?

If I had time to go through all the posts on this thread I'm sure I would find it but I will ask again. How does one purchase hatching eggs from good Shepherd? I cannot find anything on his website. Is it possible or do you have to go through a third-party breeder? And who is the best?

I don't know for 100% sure, but I think Frank Reese stopped selling hatching eggs to the public.

So
I think we are lucky that he did for a while, and gave people a chance to work with this line.
so where would I be able to find some good breed to standard lines? Whe is the best that sells hatching eggs. I am new to breeding. I have some of Jamie's eggs in the incubator right now but I have been told that it would be good to start with two groups to broaden the genetic diversity? Is this true?

So
so where would I be able to find some good breed to standard lines? Whe is the best that sells hatching eggs. I am new to breeding. I have some of Jamie's eggs in the incubator right now but I have been told that it would be good to start with two groups to broaden the genetic diversity? Is this true?

I found increasing problems with my pure Good Shepard Barred Rocks. Curled or bent toes, decreased hatchability. I felt they needed some diversity, so I crossed to a Stukel male and a Duckworth male. I like the Stukel cross better so far. This year, I'm breeding the GS/Stukel birds back to each other and 2 GS/Duckworth pullets to a GS cockerel. 47 chicks out so far, one more hatch to go and that's about all I can handle to raise. I could set you some eggs and ship chicks, but I'm not into shipping hatching eggs.

Back
Top Bottom