Battling coccidia

I just wanted to tell you if you are treating with Corid, don’t supplement with extra vitamins (specifically thiamine, found in most chick electrolytes). If you use vitamins the Corid won’t be effective.

I just wanted to tell you if you are treating with Corid, don’t supplement with extra vitamins (specifically thiamine, found in most chick electrolytes). If you use vitamins the Corid won’t be effective.
I have heard that before so I do not use supplements until after I have completed the treatment.

The best treatment for cocci is Toltrazuril but you will have to order it online. It actually kills cocci not just inhibit the cocci growth. We use it monthly for our peachicks and we don't have any losses due to cocci. Search for toltrazuril, baycox, or pantacox.

It's difficult to clean after infection, the shell of the cocci oocyst is even resistant to disinfectants and can survive in dirt for several years. If toltrazuril or amprolium can prevent them from dying they can build up some resistance, but I would not take too many chances and keep them isolated until they are strong.

The best treatment for cocci is Toltrazuril but you will have to order it online. It actually kills cocci not just inhibit the cocci growth. We use it monthly for our peachicks and we don't have any losses due to cocci. Search for toltrazuril, baycox, or pantacox.
I tried searching it online. Could not find where to purchase it online. Saw many posting price and its very expensive. $30 for 1.69 oz. Where do you buy it?

Great. I will purchase it from there and give it a try. Thank you!
I know its been a little while but I was finally able to purchase it and receive it. How early can you give this to chicks? They are almost 4 weeks old. How much can I give them? They are not showing any signs of coccidia but I want to be proactive. Or should I wait until I out them outside?

Back
Top Bottom