Bawk bok bok burrrr okk baaawwwk! What are your girls saying?

Reurra

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Nova Scotia
My girls always have something to say to me when i go out to the coop. What are yours telling you?

Mine said: Wheres the room service around here! I demand more bugs and corn!

Last edited:
This last Spring we had a night with a lot of wind. I went out in the morning and one of my girls was outside of the coop. So I asked her what she was doing outside. I then noticed that one of the sheets of corrugated sheet metal had been blown off of the coop. I opened the door and they all came out bawking and chittering to no end. I can only imagine what they were saying.

"John, it was horrible."
"There was all of this wind.."
"and then everything started shaking and the roof was banging."
"Gertie thought it sounded like a train!"
"The roof came off and we all thought we were going to die."
"Can you fix the roof?"
"OMG it's going to rain today too!"

It was obvious that they had been through a trying evening. When I rattled the metal to put it back on, they all made a bee line to the farthest corner of the run and attempted to push through the fence.

I was on the phone to my sister on tuesday I heard a lot of noise coming from the chickens (it was getting time for them to go to bed) the door to the run had closed and they couldn't get in. As they walked in they gave me some dirty looks, then the lowest ranked hen (happens to be the biggest as well
hu.gif
) tried to get in the door first so the scrappy madam who is boss sorted her out and everyone got to bed. Otherwise its why do I have to walk all the way down there for a treat when I can try and pinch the stuff you are giving these little black silkie pip-squeaks.

What ya doing?

So she said she laid the brown egg, but I didn't believe her. You know how Leggs is. Wants all the attention. Acts like she's the only hen in this coop who lays a brown egg. She is so needy. I did this. I did that. Stan loves only her. He gives her the biggest pellet. Saves all his food just for her. She's a pain in my patooty. But you didn't hear this from me.

Hey, babe, check out these wattles.

What do you mean there is no more scrambled egg-cat food cake?

I am NOT moving from this spot.

Move.

I said Move

MOVE IT!

TeeHee, I didn't move.

A little privacy please.

I can wave my wattles, too!

Die! Apple, Die!

Come back here!

I am soooo hot! Check out this neck!

Check out this wattle flare! I'm da man!

What ya doing?

So she said she laid the brown egg, but I didn't believe her. You know how Leggs is. Wants all the attention. Acts like she's the only hen in this coop who lays a brown egg. She is so needy. I did this. I did that. Stan loves only her. He gives her the biggest pellet. Saves all his food just for her. She's a pain in my patooty. But you didn't hear this from me.

Hey, babe, check out these wattles.

What do you mean there is no more scrambled egg-cat food cake?

I am NOT moving from this spot.

Move.

I said Move

MOVE IT!

TeeHee, I didn't move.

A little privacy please.

I can wave my wattles, too!

Die! Apple, Die!

Come back here!

I am soooo hot! Check out this neck!

Check out this wattle flare! I'm da man!

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom