Baby chick found upside down

Chickencare

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2024
I just found one of my baby chicks upside down in between a cage an a wall. We took her inside and gave her water, food and warmth. We noticed that she smelled bad and when we looked at her bottom she had poop all over her. It was covering her vent and she crept closing her eyes and tucking her head in. We gave her a bath in warm water so we could get all the poop off. Now she is sitting below a heater next to water, chick food and some scrambled eggs. She is half Easter egger and she has been one of our liveliest and biggest chicks out of them all. I don’t know what to do, please help!

I just found one of my baby chicks upside down in between a cage an a wall. We took her inside and gave her water, food and warmth. We noticed that she smelled bad and when we looked at her bottom she had poop all over her. It was covering her vent and she crept closing her eyes and tucking her head in. We gave her a bath in warm water so we could get all the poop off. Now she is sitting below a heater next to water, chick food and some scrambled eggs. She is half Easter egger and she has been one of our liveliest and biggest chicks out of them all. I don’t know what to do, please help!
keep her warm can u please share photos is she’s peeping like vocalise or all quiet ?

i will wait and see how she responds after few hours sometimes they heal
on their own once warmth is balanced

This is her when I lift the heater. She is silent, no peeps at all. Even when we picked her up and put her in the water she still did not peep.
image.jpg

This is her when I lift the heater. She is silent, no peeps at all. Even when we picked her up and put her in the water she still did not peep.
View attachment 3833423
give her some time like u added food , water and comfortable place to sit
she will perk up once she feel good

it happens with me once when i find my chick is all wet in his poop and his sibling screaming i clean him off and place him in his box and next day he become all fine

she will be fine im sure

She may be in shock. Make little circles around one ear for 30 seconds. Then, with two fingers, stroke each wing from the body to the tip a couple of times.

give her some time like u added food , water and comfortable place to sit
she will perk up once she feel good

it happens with me once when i find my chick is all wet in his poop and his sibling screaming i clean him off and place him in his box and next day he become all fine

she will be fine im sure
She may be in shock. Make little circles around one ear for 30 seconds. Then, with two fingers, stroke each wing from the body to the tip a couple of times.
Thank you

Is she eating and drinking at all? If you have Poultry Nutri-Drench I'd give her a few drops directly (and mix additional to her water) to try and perk her up. That failing, sugar water or molasses water might do as a substitute in a pinch.
She is moving around more and eating and drinking a lot. Thank you for responding

Sounds like she got pasty butt and it went unnoticed long enough to make her really ill. Make sure her butt is free of any dried poop so she can evacuate bodily waste properly. Otherwise she could die.

Back
Top Bottom