Bay Area BYCers!

Anyone have an or soon to be having ( next day or two) and chicks My broody is having no luck and I hear a single chirping egg so hopefully it hatches to appease her or I'm SOL.

My Blue wheaten Amercauna x Black Copper Maran Rooster Pretty boy.

bf0e7e14.jpg

b984aa45.jpg
Being Nosey

Quote:
X2, if someone is willing to house the rooster then I would seriously consider it.

Well, seriously, I am on acreage so could do it, but I need to enlarge my coop and run first. This should be done within a couple of months, as I have (hopefully) about a dozen BBS Ams from pips and peeps hatching tomorrow, 4 1-month olds in a stall, and my coop is only big enough for the 13 big girls and roo I already have.
I will post when my building is done, and if you have not found anyone else and still want to do it we will talk.

Quote:
Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for your comments--I really appreciate the effort to educate me! I have been concerned that Rye is too dark, and I suppose when she molts it won't get better? Sigh. And I see what you mean about Scotch's tail feathers. Both seem to have black in the underneath tail feathers, but I'll have to wait and see I guess. The hens you pictured for examples are way lighter than my two. I will keep these two regardless, but somewhat disappointed by all the faults, I guess. Rye and my Silver AM (Athena) are lap-chickens-- so very sweet! Oh well--they are beautiful to me, so I will just give up the breeding thing except with Lil" Joe and his two girls. I got a "#8" egg today, I think! Just a beautiful, dark, chocolaty brown!!!

If you get a chance, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Norbert.

Quote:
I am with you on that Anna.................. I don't focus on what I spend, but rather what I get out of it. Money figures into the equation but certainly NOT the main factor. I am not (nor most of us here, I think) a commercial chicken farmer & truely am A Back Yard Chicken raiser , as you well know. It is totally up to each individual to decide what works for them & that can easily change. I know my world certainly evolved way beyond what I ever thought.....LOL
Karen in Turlock

Quote:
I totally understand your reassessment Cheryl. Every once in awhile I have a moment of clarity that Makes me think I am NUTS!!!! Then I remind myself of how much enjoyment it brings me & the inability to put a price on that. And,................ about pricing, it is totally whatever we decide. I sometimes give chicks, chickens & hatching eggs away.........I get to choose.....LOL. I love to promote the enjoyment & the education of it all.

Back
Top Bottom