Bay Area BYCers!

You're welcome. BTW I'm a Claire not a John (I know you couldn't tell that from my profile ID). Hope you find some nice chickens today. Please report back if the conditions are not great up there.

I'm so proud of my kids today and the Mothers Day gifts they made. The thing in the middle is an egg basket complete with cushioning anti-roll poms poms. I think it's my favorite gift ever. A couple of the girls obliged early this morning so we could test it out. Its' perfect!

Adorable!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the BYC moms out there.
smile.png

Cute basket, Claire! ;-) So I did call Bay Area Farm & Feed in Livermore and they assured me that they did have barred rock pullets in the 8-10 week old age. After driving down there, however, it turned out that all they had were chicks and 7 month old adults. Bummer :-( However the conditions they were keeping the animals in looked OK. The adult chickens were in about a 20 x 40 covered pen with both water and feed available. A smaller covered pen, maybe 10x10 held about a dozen rabbits, all of whom looked healthy, a big hairy friendly dog wandered in and out of the shop keeping everyone company. In short, other than the bad advice over the phone, the place looked fine to me; about like most other feed stores.

So I am now looking at Dare 2 Dream Farms who will deliver Barred Rocks of the right age to my door. Their website looks good and the information on it seems to match what I have heard elsewhere. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Dave

Chiming in on the "peep" train... I have some 2 week old straight run peeps, vaccinated and ready to go. I have 3 Seramas (Castle Delight), 4 nankin, 4 brassy back black rosecomb, 6 marraduna basques and 5 spangled Russian orloff. $10 each... PM me if you are interested!

Back
Top Bottom