Bay Area BYCers!

Woot!! First egg and at only 4.5 months, too!!

Yes it's sort of small but still I am very proud of the girls. It really was kind of a thrill to see it in the nest box, just as it should have been. I think I'll take it to my grand daughter who will, of course, be all like hoh-hum in her best 6 year-old way! :)

First Eggs are SOOOOOOOO Exciting!!
wee.gif

Leave it in the nest and let your granddaughter find it-- then you may get a better reaction.
ep.gif

Congratulations!!
frow.gif

Woot!! First egg and at only 4.5 months, too!!

Yes it's sort of small but still I am very proud of the girls. It really was kind of a thrill to see it in the nest box, just as it should have been. I think I'll take it to my grand daughter who will, of course, be all like hoh-hum in her best 6 year-old way! :)

Good Morning,

My Heritage New Hampshire babies are 3 wks. old today, and wanted to share some photos of these lovely additions into our small menagerie. I love heritage breeds, and am hoping to be able to do my small share of saving the numbers of some of these wonderful animals who are being forgotten amongst the new fashion designer breeds. I love the old/heritage breeds and deeply appreciate their virtues.

Dear Walt, thank you very, very much for these gorgeous birds who add joy, and wonder into my life. Also, thank you very much for patiently answering my questions, and for all your help.

Lual

I have one Blue Laced Red Wyandotte rooster just came to breeding age. Absolutely gorgeous dark blue and directly out of a trio I purchased from Foley last year. PM if interested with offer.

We got some barred rock bantams from Bay Area Feed in Livermore. They're about 7 1/2 weeks old. We were guessing that only one is a pullet based on their coloring. Today the one with the brightest red on his face jumped a full grown hen and, um, attempted to, um, well, you get the idea. They haven't started crowing, but I'd like to find a nice place for them before that occurs.

Back
Top Bottom