Bay Area BYCers!

We got some barred rock bantams from Bay Area Feed in Livermore. They're about 7 1/2 weeks old. We were guessing that only one is a pullet based on their coloring. Today the one with the brightest red on his face jumped a full grown hen and, um, attempted to, um, well, you get the idea.

He gets credit for trying at least! ;-)

Your pics of the little fuzzy chicks have perked me up this morning. We returned home from vacation yesterday to receive bad news. My favorite little blue silkie hen passed away while we were gone. We don't know what from. My neighbor tells me she just found her, no marks, so could have been the heat although she had lots of shade and water in the yard. She was more like a dog than a chicken. Followed us everywhere and talked to us while we did yard work/BBQd/relaxed....... always dust bathing nearby. She will be missed.... my concern now is for my remaining silkie - her hatch mate. She is now all alone as she and her sister are separated from the 3 big girls due to bullying. She is about 2 years old now so I don't know what to do.... will she be okay on her own? Or should I try to find another Silkie to keep her company? Any thoughts, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi! So sorry you lost your little girl. I would definitely get another silkie or if she is the broody type let her hatch out eggs.

I only have babies and 5 week olds that are still very small or eggs. However there is the possibility that a friend will have an adult she can no longer keep. She is having some issues right now and pappa bear is at my house in quarantine. Won't know for a while.

If you can take deb up on her offer jump at it

Okay Bay Area BYCers,

I am hatching out some Speckled Sussex and Cream Legbars (from PapaBrooders eggs). They are still in the works under my broody but all of the legbars have hatched and 3 of 4 are cockerels! Any interest? I'll let the cockerels go gratis, $20 for the pullet.

I will also have some Speckled Sussex chicks going...I like to give my broody hens the opportunity to hatch but I can't keep :( I have 3 thus far, waiting for another hopefully 4 more.

Hi. Im in the East Bay. Only 1 chick, but wanting 1 or 2 more. Here is a pic of our lil Chickadee.

Cute chick cs!
Chickenfu sounds like your broodies is running warm if you are getting that many boys! Unless all the eggs hatched in which case your just cursed lol.

I am drowning in chicks right now between people canceling birds I'm holding for them great hatches12 broodies and summer slowdowns. It is crazy out there!

Back
Top Bottom