Bay Area BYCers!

Cute chick cs!
Chickenfu sounds like your broodies is running warm if you are getting that many boys! Unless all the eggs hatched in which case your just cursed lol.

I am drowning in chicks right now between people canceling birds I'm holding for them great hatches12 broodies and summer slowdowns. It is crazy out there!
It's just dumb luck, I had 4 cream legbar eggs and they all hatched. I am hoping there are a few people who might be interested in a CL roo for breeding purposes.

I have lots of baby roos too it seems. I've been seriously thinking that I might keep extra chicks either Cockerels or pullets and maybe sell in January at the Stockton show. This last year, there was a lot of birds, but I found it more confusing and hard to see everything in the barn. Wish they still had a building to use for the sale. But it's a great place to sell since people are walking around and seeing the birds being shown and then they go to the sale barn to look for what they've decided on. I do have a major problem though as far as pens and coop space. Those cute little fuzzy butts get big in no time and they each their weight in feed.

Cute chick cs!
Chickenfu sounds like your broodies is running warm if you are getting that many boys! Unless all the eggs hatched in which case your just cursed lol.

I am drowning in chicks right now between people canceling birds I'm holding for them great hatches12 broodies and summer slowdowns. It is crazy out there!

Hi Chiqita,

Would you please elaborate on your comment of: " Sounds like your broodies are running warm if you are getting that many boys"?
I am wondering if you are referring to the temperature the eggs are being brooded at?

Thank you.

Gaaa this didn't post.

Male and female embryos handle heat differently so heat spikes are more likely to kill girls.

But it was mostly a joke since there is no temp gauges on hens.

Hello everybody,

If anyone in the Bay Area is looking to add some pullets to their flock, I purchased two lovely Heritage Black Australorps from a breeder, but cannot handle the amount of eggs and need to re-home them both. I have a post with the details in the Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing section if anyone is interested.

They are lovely, healthy, clean, organic and free ranged babies waiting to join a flock and be productive.

Thanks!

Wonderful to hear! Im getting a pullet tonight to keep my lil chickadee company. Im excited, but she hasnt been handled much so we will have to work on that.

Back
Top Bottom