Bay Area BYCers!

Bah.. Just from the rate of construction on my new coop I don't think I will be fully complete with my coop by the time this happens. Jelous of you guys, because I don't think it would be worth coming up if I couldn't buy anything and I don't think I would be able to help myself if I did,

Last edited:
ep.gif

18 of then are for the APA Ko Shamo qualifying meet. 7 New Hamp LF, assorted bantams plus about 20 waterfowl. We are serious about showing......lol

Walt

Bah.. Just from the rate of construction on my new coop I don't think I will be fully complete with my coop by the time this happens. Jelous of you guys, because I don't think it would be worth coming up if I couldn't buy anything and I don't think I would be able to help myself if I did,
I went last year before my coop was done and before I got the peepers and it was pretty amazing. Biggest chickens I EVER SAW!! Saw one little girl maybe 6 years old walking around with a big fluffy hen that looked about as big as she was! ...and watch out for the turkeys! [gasp]

Is the coop out on sunday at 1130 am or pm? I tried to find a show schedule online, but couldnt - is there one somewhere? DH and I are booked on Sat, but might make the drive on Sun if there's enough going on. We'd really like to see some other Buckeyes :D Oh yeah, any idea what the admissions is? Things are a bit tight at the moment, and I'm assuming gas/parking will cost us a bit :/

Is the coop out on sunday at 1130 am or pm? I tried to find a show schedule online, but couldnt - is there one somewhere? DH and I are booked on Sat, but might make the drive on Sun if there's enough going on. We'd really like to see some other Buckeyes
big_smile.png
Oh yeah, any idea what the admissions is? Things are a bit tight at the moment, and I'm assuming gas/parking will cost us a bit
hmm.png

There is no admission to any shows in CA. Saturday is the day to look at things as Sunday most people want to get out before noon. They pick the champions Sunday morning and then within an hour everyone is gone.

Walt

Parking is free. Bring camera, & cash or checks for the amazing raffle, food & vendors (poultry supplies etc., no shipping!), and for the sale barn. Sellers are putting new birds out every time they sell a few. 4Hers sell boxes & I think shavings, for taking home your new babies ;)
Eggs for sale too iirc.
Great breeders raffle, of birds!
wish i could go this year! :(

Last edited:
It's awesome until you have to clean them up for a show.......lol

Walt

I had a conversation with a fancier this week, who told me that exhibition fowl should never touch the dirt. She said that dirt gets into the scales on their legs and you can never get it clean.
Is that true?
When I have bathed birds, I have noticed that the scales on their legs have dark around the edges. I've tried scrubbing it out with a toothbrush, but it didn't change.

Back
Top Bottom