Bay Area BYCers!

I have an EE hen if you want her. She lays green eggs 5-6 days a week & is 1 year old. I am looking to rehome her cause she is aggressive toward smaller birds (silkies, chicks). I'd say she would be fine with the ones you have though.

I am in Santa Clara so you can easily give her back if she doesn't work out. :)

Is anyone interested in taking in six or so chickens (one roo and the rest hens)? My kids' school (in Oakland) has had a coop for years with a flock of chickens that all of the kids adore. Unfortunately, due to construction, they are shutting down the coop. The flock is a mix--two bantams (a silkie and a frizzled something), and the rest are standard size although I don't know what breeds. They would like to find a new home for all of the chickens together if possible.

I ordered chicks this spring from show quality lines and am currently overrun with cockerels. I made my first pass culling and have these for sale

2 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Bantams
4 Silver Phoenix Large Fowl
1 Silver Lakenvelder LF
1 Silver Leghorn LF (I am pretty sure that is what he is, he was one of the "packing peanuts" in one box I received)
All hatched in March

These all originated from show lines, but I am culling them for one reason or another so I would not consider them show quality. They may make nice breeders for someone who has a pullet that balances their faults.

Located in Gilroy

More will be available as the various hatches mature over the course of the summer. Pullets may also be available in late summer.

Last edited:
My newest babies! A trio of bantam English Orpingtons, 2 Blacks, and an adorable little Blue. Hatched last Friday from eggs we received from Blue Rein Poultry. So excited to watch these little ones grow up!

Hello!! Im located in the East Bay, Richmond, Ca to be exact :) and Im curious to know if anyone knows of any local farms or butchers who i can take my older hens who arents laying any longer to be slaughtered for the dinner table. Any thoughts or concerns even are WELCOME! Any advice would help seeing as ill be expanding my flock of 11 to about 20 and will be needing to downsize the older gals. Im also considering rehoming, killimg them isnt my final decision im just exploring the option. Thank you!!

Bay Area peeps: I have decided to get out of the chicken business. I have been feeling very depressed and overwhelmed for a while now. Feeling like I am doing many things but none of them well so the logical conclusion is that something has to go. While the chickens are by no means my most complicated or least favorite hobby, they do happen to be the most expendable right now. It makes me sad, but maybe I just can't play farm in Mountain View, CA. Someday when I have more time and space.

So, I have chickens to rehome. 3 Australorp hens hatched 4/2012 and one Cream Legbar hen hatched 7/2013. The Australorps are going strong and don't show any signs of stopping laying. They are also the most personable. The CL gal is pretty as a picture but skittish.

I also have banties that one of my Aussies hatched out for me they are now 8 weeks old. 4 white Ameraucanas (One obvious cockerel the rest seem to be pullets) 2 Mille Fleur d'uccle (one of each gender) and 2 lavender Ameraucanas (both seem to be pullets).

And then, if you have a truck and care to cart it away, there is a coop. I have two feeders, an auto waterer and a partial bag of feed as well as misc. accessories.

I feel like a modest adoption fee would be appropriate, but I have no idea how much. I am open to suggestions. I wanted to try this here before I go to Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom