Bay Area BYCers!

What happened with your Anatolian? I have a mixed breed farm dog...part Anatolian part Border Collie. Had no trouble with him with the chickens, until the neighbor's hen hopped over the fence, freaked whe she saw the dog, and he grabbed her. Now i don't totally trust him with my birds anymore. :(

What happened with your Anatolian? I have a mixed breed farm dog...part Anatolian part Border Collie. Had no trouble with him with the chickens, until the neighbor's hen hopped over the fence, freaked whe she saw the dog, and he grabbed her. Now i don't totally trust him with my birds anymore. :(

My Border Collie was always fine with mine but went after intruder chickens...we had to convince him not to hurt our newly acquired birds. RIP Red Rose Sam. We miss him.

URGENT - birds need adoption/rescue!

My DH's nephew died unexpectedly about 10 days ago. He and his partner lived in San Juan Bautista. I got a call from his partner Ray today, and Ray is desperate - he has no money for feed, or anything else, since the nephew handles all finances. The estate is going to be tied up for a while because there's no Will, and they never registered as domestic partners. Ray is infirm and not too sharp. He can't really take care of himself, let alone the animals. He wants to move back to family in Oklahoma as soon as possible. In the meantime he is super stressed trying to find someone that will take their birds.

They have:

18 pet chickens living in their house, mostly Seramas and Silkies. One is setting (serama) on 12 eggs.
One 20lb rooster with a broken toe that he said was a "legger" - he is a house pet at the moment too.
7 more chickens outside, presumably hens

1 african swan goose
2 chinese geese - mated pair
1 blue-eyed gander, 2 hens, a three month old gosling
2 other geese
3 ducks

25 rabbits mostly lops, or lop/angora mixes. some might have jack rabbit (you can guess how that happened)
two lion faced angoras - a black doe, and her blue-eyed white furred son

If you think you can take any or all of these animals, or know of a rescue organization that can, please reply ASAP. I suspect that their living conditions are deteriorating, and Ray is desperate to not turn them over to the county.

Thank you so much -

Kande
([email protected])

What happened with your Anatolian? I have a mixed breed farm dog...part Anatolian part Border Collie. Had no trouble with him with the chickens, until the neighbor's hen hopped over the fence, freaked whe she saw the dog, and he grabbed her. Now i don't totally trust him with my birds anymore.
sad.png
No idea, he just broke in to the bathroom where we had them and ate the two chicks but completely left the ducks alone.

Or you can go to the Concord Feed branch in Dublin. Chicks are immunized for Marek's disease; I don't think Mike's chicks are immunized.

Vaccinattng for Mareks does not always eliminate the potential to get Mareks. I haven't vaccinated for anything here in 40 years and the birds here don't get Mareks. Maybe Mikes birds have a natural immunity......which is far better than an attempt to make them immune through vaccinating.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom