Bay Area BYCers!

I went to WFC yesterday and they had some chicks. They only had one breed, I think it was light brahmas. I had to rush out, so I wouldn't be tempted.
We do have an incubator and are thinking about hatching a mess of chicks from our eggs. We might have to borrow the neighbor's roo though. Our roo is rather small and cannot reach the big girls.
lol.png

I also want big chickens, that way if the chicks don't sell, we will have plenty of chickens to eat.

Quote:
Why borrow a roo when you could have one of your own?
wink.png

Have you seen any pictures of my English Orpingtons? Big is a bit of an understatement when it comes to describing them!
tongue.png

I unfortunately won't have hatching eggs available until probably early summertime now, my main flock sire just passed and I'm having a replacement boy sent to me that is a bit younger. It'll be a couple of months before he learns to "do the deed" and have the hens produce fertile hatching eggs.

Let me know if you're interested and I can PM you some photos.
smile.png

Luke, tell her yes! I will take whatever she has at the time and if she wants she can throw in some of her gorgeous Sumatra eggs as well... those birds were AMAZING! If you want I can PM you my phone number and we can confirm how much it will be when you speak to her. Sound good?

Last edited:
My light brahmas are huge at 22 weeks... still could be awhile before we get any eggs from them though, but they sure are pretty!

Well, I can borrow the neighbor's roo at no cost and no travel
wink.png
He has some beautiful roos anyway. We always help each other out. Although I appreciate the offer.
smile.png

I also like not having one for a while. We decided to give our girls a break for a while. So I like that I will be able to give this roo back to the neighbor and not have him continue to chase my girls.
tongue.png

Quote:
My thoughts exactly! I'd love to have a nice Ameraucana roo so I can sell EE hatching eggs, but my parents refuse to let me get a cockerel
sad.png
"Too noisy- the neighbors will complain. And they'll attack people." they say. Darn.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom