Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
I saw that. Just checked it out. Mine didn't look like that. Hey maybe that means they're all pullets!!!!! That would work. lol

I forgot I had a pic uploaded here.

This is a pic of 2 Lavs and my little Sterling in the back.

44123_three_of_the_4.jpeg

He kind of had the markings I guess, but was mostly black.

Oh it woud be great if that means they really are pullets though.

Last edited:
Wow how cute all these pics have been! Glad to hear its been smooth sailing for the most part for everyone.

I was curious if anyone by chance has fertile eggs available that I could pick up in the next day or so. We all of a sudden have a broody welsummer pullet and I would love to get her moved over to the maternity ward. In a perfect world I would love Welsummers but I know beggars cant be choosers. Any help would really be appreciated, thanks!

Quote:
I saw that. Just checked it out. Mine didn't look like that. Hey maybe that means they're all pullets!!!!! That would work. lol

I don't know what you got the first time but the chipmunk markings are the correct coloring for silver babies. Male and female. Maybe the first one you got was mixed?
idunno.gif

Quote:
Yes. My girls are giving me eggs kind of sporadically still, some days I get 4 some days I get 2, some I get none! That's why I only listed a 6+ auction. However, with the better weather forecasted next week (
fl.gif
) I have high hopes that they'll get back on the ball again. All this rain has just literally put a dampener on everything in my yard...
hmm.png

Quote:
I don't know how far you want to travel, but there is a guy who sells his eggs at the Farmers' Market in Santa Rosa whose eggs are fertile. At least they were last time I asked. He usually has a nice assortment of eggs, dark browns, greens blues etc. His eggs would no doubt produce mutts and last time I checked he gets $7 for his eggs. He also sells some wonderful honey. His farm is north of Santa Rosa. I plan on getting some tomorrow (honey and eggs)
I also saw some fertile eggs advertised on CL.

Quote:

I don't know what you got the first time but the chipmunk markings are the correct coloring for silver babies. Male and female. Maybe the first one you got was mixed?
idunno.gif

He came from Lavs

Forgot what I was gonna post. LOL

I figured out what's going on with the egg eating. Caught it before it happened today. There are nest boxes all over the place. Coops and even on my porch. There are three on the porch. These dingy birds have been climbing in the boxes, sometimes 4 at a time. Today, don't ask me how, but there were SIX! They were even stuck in there. Legs wrapped around necks, tails hanging out, Heads hanging out. They crushed every egg that had been laid. I had to scoop them out from under one of my Games who is in there now, laying. Three BCM eggs from my Davis girls! There were 2 more boxes right there, plus the ones in the coops. No they have to pile in one all at once. Except of course my only green layer, who thought she had hidden her egg. I wish the weather was JUST comfortable for me to get things done out there without aching. I have to rig up a rolling nest box.

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't know how far you want to travel, but there is a guy who sells his eggs at the Farmers' Market in Santa Rosa whose eggs are fertile. At least they were last time I asked. He usually has a nice assortment of eggs, dark browns, greens blues etc. His eggs would no doubt produce mutts and last time I checked he gets $7 for his eggs. He also sells some wonderful honey. His farm is north of Santa Rosa. I plan on getting some tomorrow (honey and eggs)
I also saw some fertile eggs advertised on CL.

How far in Petaluma do you live, in general? I have a friend who has a farm in Petaluma who sells eggs that are probably fertile; they are an assortment of shades of brown, cremes, sort of pale blue greens. She also has some frizzle banty eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom