Bay Area BYCers!

would anyone on this list be interested in three 4-week-old blue and lavender orpington chicks? the blue is definitely male, but best guesses so far about the two lavs is that they are pullets. I'm just realizing that a dozen birds is really the highest number i should have in my coop through winter (when they'll have to stay in more often), and with these three i currently have 15 -- plus i figure they might be more interesting to someone as a trio -- photos taken wednesday afternoon:

the blue boy

all three together

I got them from Deann Disilva at Just Struttin' Farm in Novato, and they should be absolutely gorgeous birds:
http://www.juststruttinfarm.com/breeds.html

they are MUCH larger than my other chicks, really are going to be impressive birds! please pm me if you are interested...

We are raising a couple meat chickens for the fall. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in the Bay Area to rent a plucker? I have found them for rent in a number of places, but nothing closer than 3 hours away.

I have found nothing. I found how to make them online, but nowhere that rents or processes at a reasonalbe cost closer then sacramento. II found someone seling one for 600 bucks, but that seemed more then i needed, ha.

Hi Walt!

It's Meg from Moraga. I was just securing the girls in their coop and saw that one of the hens has a large (almost lacrosse ball size) soft swollen area above and to the left of her vent. Do you have any idea what it may be? I'm a little nervous. She loves her food. Energy seems fine.

Any advise is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Walt!

It's Meg from Moraga. I was just securing the girls in their coop and saw that one of the hens has a large (almost lacrosse ball size) soft swollen area above and to the left of her vent. Do you have any idea what it may be? I'm a little nervous. She loves her food. Energy seems fine.

Any advise is much appreciated!

Thanks!

I have no idea what that might be.......Sorry!

Walt

Hi folks,
just wanted to post a link to some photos. My girls were helping me in the garden today.

There's a couple shots that'll be of interest to Cheryl - the boys from my recent hatch. There's several of the millefleur leghorn boy and a couple of the SilverPenciled rocks boys. If anyone needs a gorgeous roo from Cheryl's lines, let me know. Otherwise, once they crow, they're going to freezer camp. https://plus.google.com/photos/108526151904394584422/albums/5789291761168407409

Here's one of the flock:

Hi folks,
just wanted to post a link to some photos. My girls were helping me in the garden today.

There's a couple shots that'll be of interest to Cheryl - the boys from my recent hatch. There's several of the millefleur leghorn boy and a couple of the SilverPenciled rocks boys. If anyone needs a gorgeous roo from Cheryl's lines, let me know. Otherwise, once they crow, they're going to freezer camp. https://plus.google.com/photos/108526151904394584422/albums/5789291761168407409

Here's one of the flock:

What a great time they are having!!!

Back
Top Bottom