Bay area, Fort bragg, Willits, Ukiah, Sacramento, Tracy, CA or Reno

Quote:
Added you too Eve (above).

Thanks Sunny! Every time this thread gets revived I get so excited! 70 more days? That seems like an eternity.... until reality sets in and I remember that I still need to build a new condo-coop!

GotChicken? I'm SO envious that you live so close to JB's hatchery. I'd be overrun with chickens.... oh, wait... I AM! Yay!
wee.gif

Quote:
Added you too Eve (above).

Thanks Sunny! Every time this thread gets revived I get so excited! 70 more days? That seems like an eternity.... until reality sets in and I remember that I still need to build a new condo-coop!

GotChicken? I'm SO envious that you live so close to JB's hatchery. I'd be overrun with chickens.... oh, wait... I AM! Yay!
wee.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Well after I make a copy, blow it up and laminate it, I guess that means I no longer have a need for mine. So you can have the fourth one.
smile.png

Quote:
Chicks or charts? I guess it doesn't matter since they're both spoken for but if someone backs out I'll let you know.

Quote:
Now you've got me wishing I could have a rooster so I could get some green eggs as well!!! I need to move back to the country!!!!!

We are in South Lake Tahoe and wished I had noticed this thread sooner! I have a small flock (16) and have hatched all of the chicks in our run. Last year we brought a few blue layers from S&W feed in carson I have turned on the hovobator and crossed them with my pure bred Barnvelder roo. Hoping to increase the size of the blue eggs. Usually they turn olive green (according to my friend who had crossed blue layers with australorps.) I am trying to introduce pure lines where I can to keep the flock healthy and strong!! If you do this again I would love to be included......

If your interested in hens that lay olive green eggs that barely fit in the carton, let me know! We were given several Aracauna/Australorp crosses and we will run out of room by the end of the summer:(
My daughters like to incubate their favorite hens eggs and then we run out of space in our coop!!! We are on limited space because the enclosure has to be coyote, raccoon, neighbor dog proof
sad.png

Kandi

Quote:
Now you've got me wishing I could have a rooster so I could get some green eggs as well!!! I need to move back to the country!!!!!

We are in South Lake Tahoe and wished I had noticed this thread sooner! I have a small flock (16) and have hatched all of the chicks in our run. Last year we brought a few blue layers from S&W feed in carson I have turned on the hovobator and crossed them with my pure bred Barnvelder roo. Hoping to increase the size of the blue eggs. Usually they turn olive green (according to my friend who had crossed blue layers with australorps.) I am trying to introduce pure lines where I can to keep the flock healthy and strong!! If you do this again I would love to be included......

If your interested in hens that lay olive green eggs that barely fit in the carton, let me know! We were given several Aracauna/Australorp crosses and we will run out of room by the end of the summer:(
My daughters like to incubate their favorite hens eggs and then we run out of space in our coop!!! We are on limited space because the enclosure has to be coyote, raccoon, neighbor dog proof
sad.png

Kandi

I will. Thanks! It depends on how many of the 7 LF blacks I am keeping from John's birds (I can't keep roos). With the commitments I just made I am up to the max of 25 that my coop will hold currently (assuming that I get at least 3 roos from this batch). I do love really large eggs! If you want to breed your blue egg layers to a purebred black Ameraucana you can have one of my roos once I figure out the gender (may be a few months). The black Ameraucanas lay the largest egg of the blue egg layers.
big_smile.png

And yes you should join us on the Nevada thread. We are close enough to you!

Quote:

sad.png

Kandi

I will. Thanks! It depends on how many of the 7 LF blacks I am keeping from John's birds (I can't keep roos). With the commitments I just made I am up to the max of 25 that my coop will hold currently (assuming that I get at least 3 roos from this batch). I do love really large eggs! If you want to breed your blue egg layers to a purebred black Ameraucana you can have one of my roos once I figure out the gender (may be a few months). The black Ameraucanas lay the largest egg of the blue egg layers.
big_smile.png

And yes you should join us on the Nevada thread. We are close enough to you!

Hmmm.... I see your into temptation, as if I could resist your offer! Depending on how nice your roo turns out to be. I have experienced the bi-polar attitudes of the americaunas! We are breeding the sweetest hens, to the sweetest roos. I know it sounds silly, but my co-workers are young ones and nothing is worse than a karate rooster in the morning!!!

Back
Top Bottom