Beautiful Boy, But Perhaps Not A Buff Orpington?

Here are pictures of everybody except the Gold Laced Wyandotte and the third Buff Orpington. Unfortunately they met a predator a couple weeks ago.
Also, there are 22 chicks in total. I only posted some of them.View attachment 3478140
Your red birds are Production Reds and your first is a Russian Orloff rather than Speckled Sussex. Her beard either was picked off or she is simply hatchery-quality :)

Your red birds are Production Reds and your first is a Russian Orloff rather than Speckled Sussex. Her beard either was picked off or she is simply hatchery-quality :)
Thank you so much for this! I didn’t know about Russian Orloffs. She has always looked like this, so probably just from a hatchery.

BO X EE rooster really offers 'best of both world'. The dominant buff coloring and bearding make for a really handsome rooster, and then his offspring turn into the full barnyard mix rainbow of chicks.

Post 9-5 grind I can't wait to have enough property for multiple roosters, and a peacock to two (no guineas though, even I have noise limits).

This was my buff orpington, pure, his name was Dizzy. I gave him to a different family.
rocc.PNG

Back
Top Bottom