becoming chicken crazy!

CharlotteB12

Chirping
May 27, 2023
Hi, I'm new here to BYC I'm excited to learn a lot about chickens. First of all I live in a small town that just passed an ordinance that we are aloud to have 5 hens. I was looking for some advice on the nicest chickens around kids, we are also looking for pretty chickens, we want some colorful and pretty eggs too.:love We are raising them for eggs we will not raise them for meat. We want Docile friendly chickens. And we are not aloud to have roosters. We can not free range chickens so we want chickens who do well in confinement. We live in Ohio so we have pretty cold winters.
We were looking at getting the following chickens:

Olive Egger
Cinnamon Queen
Columbian Rock Cross
Easter Egger
Isa Brown
Golden Comet
Rhode Island Red
And Barred Rock.
Please tell me your suggestions of chicken breeds to get as pets next spring.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here to BYC I'm excited to learn a lot about chickens. First of all I live in a small town that just passed an ordinance that we are aloud to have 5 hens. I was looking for some advice on the nicest chickens around kids, we are also looking for pretty chickens, we want some colorful and pretty eggs too.:love We are raising them for eggs we will not raise them for meat. We want Docile friendly chickens. And we are not aloud to have roosters. We can not free range chickens so we want chickens who do well in confinement. We live in Ohio so we have pretty cold winters.
We were looking at getting the following chickens:

Olive Egger
Cinnamon Queen
Columbian Rock Cross
Easter Egger
Isa Brown
Golden Comet
Rhode Island Red
And Barred Rock.
Please tell me your suggestions of chicken breeds to get as pets next spring.
Only one I've had in my flocks on that list is EE, and mine are flighty. But all of them are flighty, since I don't keep them for pets like what you're wanting.

Back
Top Bottom