Belgian Duccle Bantams

Turtle1626

Chirping
Feb 19, 2024
if I crossed a mille fleur to a porcelain will all the chicks be split to porcelain?
Also how long does it take for a duccle bantam to fertilize a hen,basically how many seconds does a roo have to be on a hen in order for her to start laying eggs.

A rooster doesn’t make a hen lay eggs. A hen need 14-16 hours of sunlight to lay an egg. I usually wait a week after I put in my roo to collect eggs to hatch. Millie x Porcelain gives you 100% Millie Fleur that is split lavender.

Females don't need males to lay eggs. A female will lay regardless. If you want fertilized eggs, then you do need a male. I've not heard of anyone counting seconds while their birds are mating. A mating's success is not determined by its duration. After two days of the male being in the pen you should start getting fertilized eggs. I am not one to know about genetics, so I'll refrain from talking about that

A rooster doesn’t make a hen lay eggs. A hen need 14-16 hours of sunlight to lay an egg. I usually wait a week before I after I put in my roo to collect eggs to hatch. Millie x Porcelain gives you 100% Millie Fleur that is split lavender.
And too split duccles split to lavander will give you 50% Mille and 50% porcelain?

And too split duccles split to lavander will give you 50% Mille and 50% porcelain?
If you breed your splits to porcelain, all the chicks will be porcelain I believe. If you breed the splits to Millie Fleur, all the chicks will be Millie Fleur, some of them will carry the lavender gene.
Edit/ if u breed the splits together you’ll get porcelain and Millie Fleur, some of the Millie Fleurs with be split lavender.

Females don't need males to lay eggs. A female will lay regardless. If you want fertilized eggs, then you do need a male. I've not heard of anyone counting seconds while their birds are mating. A mating success is not determined by its duration. After two days of the male being in the pen you should start getting fertilized eggs. I am not one to know about genetics, so I'll refrain from talking about that
Thank you, I’ve witnessed my rooster mount my hen multiple times, her comb is bright red and they are of age. I’m guessing it’s the lack of sunlight, it’s super windy and the sunlight pops out then disappears.

If you breed your splits to porcelain, all the chicks will be porcelain I believe. If you breed the splits to Millie Fleur, all the chicks will be Millie Fleur, some of them will carry the lavender gene.
My roo is a mille fleur split to porcelain as-well as my hen

You’ll get both Millie Fleur and porcelain. Some of those Millie Fleur chicks will be splits.
Okay thx!
Probably my last question but would the porcelain breed true? Or would I also get Millie fleurs if I was to cross 2 porcelains together:confused:

Back
Top Bottom