Belgian Malines Have Arrived!!!

Okay, I found it. Awesome group of five beautiful chicks. You knew you would be getting feedback on this as well as a good tongue lashing from me! Don't forget I'm irish too. A private e-mail is coming your way shortly. Ohhhhh Canada!

19 days old.

And now they're out of the garage & into the grow-out coop! I've also blended the older chicks together along with 3 mutts. There's a nice breeze blowing today & they have a secure attached run.
big_smile.png

Shellz! Are you sure these birds arent a cross with a long neck goose? They really stretch their necks pretty proudly. I'm impressed with the size of their beaks. Must be the french in them. haha. I didnt mean that. So cute. They seem to be coming along good. How far along on your other batch?

Yeah, those necks! I think they'll grow into them & their big beaks! Lol!

I met a lovely couple the other day, who have Bart's Malines too. Theirs are all grown up now, they say. They came to buy some hatchery pullets from me. Real nice folks! We're going to stay in touch.

My hatching eggs under 2 broodies are on day 10 now. Long way to go! I can't wait to see my hatch rate this time!

Last edited:
20 days old.

Last 3 pics are the older kids. They hatched at the breeder's June 13/13. Now they're mine! Yay me!

Then a storm blew in & I had to get the chicks into their coop. Winds really picked up & I heard a tree fall in our forest. Is ok though. We get these micro-bursts of powerful winds that cut through our woods sometimes. Doesn't affect anything near the house, thank goodness! Nice break from the heatwave!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom