Belgian Malines Have Arrived!!!

Here they are today at 2 days old. Very nice, large chicks! What's not to love?!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Oh yeah! I've got one big boy that's the biggest of all! He just looks excellent, but does have yellow legs & beak. Since I want to breed for utility first, its not a problem to breed him to my 3 biggest pullets with proper pale legs & beaks. I'm going to keep a breeding quad, as suggested by Bart, in hopes of breeding out the yellow & keeping size up. :)

3 weeks old today! Growing so fast & now I can see the variations in leg feathering among the chicks. The last pic isn't great, but I loved the uniformity in the wing pattern.
tongue.png

Wow, this one is really dark compared to the others.

Looking good!

Friar Tuck, Lol! I can see that.
Yeah, that's definitely one of my faves! There's also one with a chick hiding under her feathers (different place) - looks like chick has a toupee with mom's feather on top of her head. Not readily apparent unless you click for the larger image. Wish I knew the # of that one. Would be a great pic with some cropping.

It's post #161, right at the bottom. Ok, is big enough to see. Not so on another forum I belong to. Anywho, I would love to blow up that little chick! (not literally, sillies! Lol!) Wish I was more tech savvy to do that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom