Benefits of Certain Farm Animals

You must have the wrong rabbits, then. The ones they show on TV in the spring lay chocolate eggs
lol.png
. I'ma get me some of those, but they seem to be a proprietary secret, like the Cornish cross or the ISA brown.
I think you may be mistaken. I just tried the Cornish Cross eggs, and they do not have any sort of proprietary chocolate eggs. Honestly, they taste just as bad as the rabbit eggs, maybe even worse. I don't think I've heard my kids complain this much about having to finish their breakfast in a very long time.

Like the rabbits, though, they do lay pretty prolifically.

Pasture / plant community management. Some critters can be used to weed out some plants and promote others. Cross cropping grass I think may help keep worms (intestinal) under control. Goats can be used to remove some problematic plant species such as multifloral rose, black locust, hawthorn tree saplings. Additionally the feces produced by grazers can be converted by insects feeding on it into something chickens can consume directly. During periods of extreme cold chickens can roost on backs of some livestock or in with dogs.

Back
Top Bottom