best brand of chicken feed?

We use only Kent too!!
I stay far far away from anything called Purina
wink.png
Why no to Purina?
hu.gif

Does anyone have experience or opinions with Payback (CHS)? It is around $18 for 50 lb (same as Purina Layena or Flock Raiser). I did not have good results with Layena, but my flock loves Flock Raiser and seems to do well on it.

I was recently advised to try CHS/Payback by some chicken show people here in Oregon. So I am giving it a try. My flock definitely likes it so far.

Quote:
Chickens may not be able to pass on Mad Cow - but the problem with feeding chickens ruminant by-product feed comes when they share the same pasture with ruminants which will eat any spilled or otherwise accessible feed and the ruminants can pick it up from ruminant by-products in their feed.

Isn't Kuru also caused by Prions? I know Mad Cow and scrapie are prion diseases.

I sure know that the pet food advertisements weren't designed to appeal to the coonhound I used to own - if they were they'd have featured rotting, stinky meat that smelled to high heaven and could serve both as a dinner and a fragrant wallow.
lau.gif

goodpost.gif

Does anyone know another brand other than Nutrena that uses a mini pellet? I Like the pellets because there is less waste, but the mini pellet is easier for our bantams and call ducks.

I mix the 18% all flock with the naturewise layer and a splash of BO sunflowers and feed everyone, but I'm always looking for a better deal. We go through almost twenty pounds of feed a day.

I give my chickens and ducks Dumor; they like it. I haven't had any problems with it either. I was giving them Purina Layena and their egg production stopped. I switched them back and they started laying again.

Back
Top Bottom