best brand of chicken feed?

I used to use purina but have started using either what the feed mill makes right there at $12 a 50 lb bag or get "sprout" brand at my local fleet farm store which is just under $10 for a 50 lb bag. My birds won't eat pellets so I have to get the crumbles.

Quote:
Yes, if you looked at Chris's first post, Blue Seal, Kent and Evergreen are sister companies. I use Blue Seal also for all my critters, from dogs to horses and love it!! Great stuff at affordable prices, cannot go wrong!! I've used Science Diet and other higher priced foods for my dogs and I switched to Blue Seal Adult Dog Formula and the difference is absolutely remarkable. Good science and nutrition is obvious in their products.

I love countryside natural! It is expensive, but I live close enough that I can take a quarterly trip to pick up several bags. The corn in it is non GMO, which was a big concern for me. It's organic, soy free and contains some really great supplements and probiotics.

I like Kent multi flock best but the feed store that carries it has raised the price to over 15.00 for 50LB. I like pellets and that is the only pellet feed they have.
I also get Dumor layer pellets at TSC for only 11.00 so when we make a trip up there I get a few bags.

Quote:
Dumor is the TSC generic made by Purina.

I recently discovered that the little gas station in Tomball sells M - G 20 layer crumbles. Yay! My birds like M - G 20. I am hoping to try Coyote Creek organic layer feed but the closest dealer is in a location I prefer to avoid.

Also, my chickens are not happy with the mix I improvised. Need help with that.

Last edited:
I use Blue Seal. My daughter got half of my lst order of pullets and has hers mixed by the feed mill where she gets her horse feed. I may try getting a few bags of that to see how my hens do.

David

I use Blue Seal. My daughter got half of my lst order of pullets and has hers mixed by the feed mill where she gets her horse feed. I may try getting a few bags of that to see how my hens do.

David

Back
Top Bottom