Best Chickens Breeds

Your Salmon Favs will talk your ear off. Mine never shut up, and they are loud. I love it now, but had to get used to it. Very tame, but one of mine goes broody at the drop of a hat, kind of irritating.
I have a coupe 2 week old Faverolles and I was worried the first few days something was wrong with them because they have such a loud peep and it is non stop! I have since realized they are just loud. I love them though. My nearest neighbor is a mile away, so I don’t think she will bother them.

If you don't care too much about having eggs every day, I would say..... Oriental Gamefowl! (Shamo, Asil, Thai, Ganoi, Malay, etc. etc.) They come in small bantam-like size to huge 3 foot standing tall ones! And come in many different variety of colors as well! :bun

We have 14 or so different breeds, and the friendliest bird we have is a Sicilian Buttercup. She hops in my lap, loves to be pet and talks my ear off. She is also beautiful. Here's Doris: IMG_20190617_190552.jpg

Hi!! I have 1 barred rock hen named max, (among many other chicken breeds) and she is for sure my favorite chicken I have (shhh don’t say anything) and alothough she is definitely sweet, she has to compete with my 2 blue Cochins and my 2 light brahmas, for the award on most docile and social! Whenever I go to feed or check on them, they are always the 5 that are right at my feet. Also the Cochins and brahmas are both feathered feet breeds which will help them be weather tolerant. Even thought max isn’t feather footed, she still does great in the cold. I live in Montana so me and my chickens know what winter feels like, I have never had a problem with these 5 due to weather, and they all lay pretty well, so I would highly recommend you check them out!!

First and second picture- light Brahma
Third and forth- Barred Rock
Fifth- Blue Cochin
2D4EB486-9FE5-4E81-84E5-331B9F88DB22.png
6D4015DC-FA74-42CF-877C-F19343DC236E.jpeg
DA785C2D-CEBC-4DF3-A0CD-739E8FD2CC5D.jpeg
11401448-E101-4FAF-81B4-89B24FBA79DB.jpeg
9429F5AB-1D0C-41D7-930C-E80D41E2048A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom