best friends and the little wanna-be roo

old geezer

Songster
9 Years
Sep 2, 2010
cambridge , ny
suzy my speckled sussex and lucy my little red sex link are best bud,s , they were my first 2 hens and are inseperatable...
love.gif
...well , finally today my little roo , button , who hasn't even crowed yet ,starts feeling his oats and decides to get frisky with suzy..
lau.gif
..and suzy wasn't in no moode for that--comes the blare of the trumpet and the calvary charges---here comes lucy, full tilt to save suzy ,and tears into button like a demon possessed...
gig.gif
,,,she put an arse whupping on button he soon won't forget---for a good few minutes lucy and suzy chased him arround until he finally retreated to the jungle gym to sulk ,lick his wounds , and salvage what ever pride a small roo can muster----chicken TV----gotta love it......
old.gif

When I got my rooster, I already had an established flock of hens. He got the crud beat out of him constantly. He finally managed to climb the pecking order 1 hen at a time, starting with the lowest ranking hen.

When I asked about him getting beat up, I was told by another member that it was the hens teaching him humility.
lol.png

With behavior like that, soon you will see him sitting in his favorite Lazy-Boy with his feet up, taking a drink of his favorite beverage and watching tv all day. He's not the first roo that's happend to!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom