Best incubator?

acid_chipmunk

Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!
9 Years
Mar 29, 2010
OK, hubby and I got a BLRW breeding trio yesterday at N.E. Chickenstock from Gretchen. Now, we need an incuabtor.

What, in your opinion is the best out there? Please give your likes and dislikes and features that yours has.

I don't need a huge cabinet model, just one I can sit on a table.

I posted write above you and also got no posts, it looks like we will just have to do some further research *LOL* good luck in finding what you need

I bought the brinsea eco 20, without the turner. It is octagon shaped and you just tilt the bator. It holds around 24 chicken eggs, give or take.

Temp & humidity holds steady and for a 1st time hatcher like myself it was pretty idiot proof. I had a 100% hatch rate on 22 eggs for my 1st hatch.

I ordered it at brinsea.com

I have the Rcom Pro and its and exellent incubator and now I'm looking fo a larger incubator and I'm looking at the Brinsea 190 or 380 (I would love to hear back from anyone who knows something about these incbators)

Last edited:
I have a Brinsea Eco 20 w/ a turner. Once I got the temp regulated and humidity constant on the first couple hatches, it has been a breeze ever since with 85% hatching rate (eggs came via the post.) I open it every other day, fill one channel with water, crack the vent 1/2 open.
Absolutely idoit proof. A friend gave me a Hovabator Genesis I use for the hatch. I move them all in on day 18, put the eggs in plastic carton and fill a coffee cup w/ water. I test a couple of cups and this one has the surface area that equates to a humidity level of 58-62%. I run a plastic aquarium tube into the cup and use a basting syringe to inject water as needed. The chicks actually drink the water.LOL!

Last edited:
theyre are lots of incubators out there that arer great. some have something that others dont have thet you might need to gett a better hatch or sum have ev erything. But if i were you. I would duggest a brower probaly one of the styrofoam or metal ones if no then i suggest you make one. Its easy cheap and just can put exactly what you want in it . Check out the byc incubators page .

I bought a Gensis 1588 without a turner. I really like it. All you do is plug it in and add some water every few days. It is fan forced, automaticly set for the right temp and has water wells. Very simple table top model and easy to clean. I get great hatch rates. I can't stress enough how easy it is to use.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom