Best Photo Yet of Ever-Bolder Fox

I must live in the land of pygmy foxes! Our grey foxes are about half his size.He's almost the size of coyotes around here-maybe pygmy coyotes? good luck on the stakeout!

Quote:
Might be semantics but I cannot hunt deer on my property out of season because they are "managed", not endangered or protected.

Right--that's how it is here. There IS a regular hunting season for fox, but it doesn't begin until September, and there are special restrictions in place during the winter on what type of ammo you may use, etc., to prevent wanton waste of the pelts.

Here, even if your car hits a deer, if you want to keep the meat, you must report it to Game & Fish. Arkansas really does have a pretty well-oiled Game & Fish Commission.

Quote:
I had a friend when I was in High School that happened on one when we were out "plinking" with our .22's. He got $150 for the hide still on the carcass. That was in ~1975. And it had several holes in it.
Paid for his car insurance for an entire year!

Last edited:
Or some really warm, soft lining for a couple of your nest boxes. How would that be for poetic justice?
wink.png

T

I talked to the PA game comission after my last coyote episode,,, I was basically told if I own live stock, I can do what I need to do to protect them.

Quote:
No you cannot in Maine, unless you dispose of the body! lol...Even racoons are season only animals, just not in my back yard, once I see them going after my "livelyhood" I tend to take matters into my own hands.
I had a neighbor that was plegued by a relocated bear that was driven down from where it was located (come on game folks), the bear had eaten a 50lb bag of layer pellets that he stored in a metal can in his hen house, he went out and shot the bear and he was almost taken to the hooscow over it. Legally if its a relocated animal, they will relocate it.
Grrr-so mums the word.

Back
Top Bottom