Best place to buy button quail eggs

Ok are my quail gonna hatch my thermometer is showing 4 degrees to hot so when it reads 99 its only 95 ita day 17 when I find this out I broke open one egg it had a live bird in it it just was eay small like half the size of a a&m day old chick I have now turned up temp to 99.5 do I still have hope for chicks and how long should I give them to hatch any infow would help

Hobo Fred, I'm still new to hatching buttons myself but I can say temperature fluctuations won't 100% ruin your eggs. I used a fairly unreliable incubator to hatch my eggs, with the incubator itself saying somewhere along 103 degrees and a secondary thermometer I had on it saying 96 degrees, and still had about a 60% hatch rate. And since you broke an egg open and found a mostly developed chick, chances are most of your eggs will still likely hatch. You're definitely past the point of turning them so don't turn them anymore, keep your temperature higher now that you've figured out how to tell what your incubator temperature actually is, and just wait. I believe buttons can start hatching around day 21 but with the slightly lower temperature they were incubated at, it could be delayed a couple of days. I believe my eggs hatched everywhere from day 21 to day 28. Hopefully your hatch goes well and just be patient with them :)

Thank you rattlecan mine are corturnix quail not botton but your advise I think is still the same for both quail will let every one know in a few days of out come

Ah, gotcha! I assumed button quail since that was the thread title. I'm not sure how much different hatching coturnix quails is, when they hatch or best incubation temperature, but I'm sure you're on the right track and there's likely sources across the net to help you further. Best of luck and let us know how the hatch goes :)

I've ordered shipped eggs from online only once. I live in MN, and the eggs came from ND. Still, out of the 16 eggs that arrived, I ended up having to toss several of them before letting them rest. You may have seen my previous posting about many of the eggs having broken/separated air-sacs as well. I was able to salvage one that had a hairline crack (pinpoint) by applying fingernail polish to the shell -- chick developed and hatched perfectly fine. Although the eggs were packaged well (foam, bubble wrap, etc.), the shipping seems to really beat them up. I was, however, extremely pleased with the variety of colors in the chicks that hatched. Out of the 16 eggs received, 8 of them made it to full hatch. From what I have heard/read from others, this 50/50 percentage rate is pretty good with shipped eggs. If you would like the name of the seller, I can send it to you in a separate message.

I would like to know where you orders from. :)

I've ordered shipped eggs from online only once. I live in MN, and the eggs came from ND. Still, out of the 16 eggs that arrived, I ended up having to toss several of them before letting them rest. You may have seen my previous posting about many of the eggs having broken/separated air-sacs as well. I was able to salvage one that had a hairline crack (pinpoint) by applying fingernail polish to the shell -- chick developed and hatched perfectly fine. Although the eggs were packaged well (foam, bubble wrap, etc.), the shipping seems to really beat them up. I was, however, extremely pleased with the variety of colors in the chicks that hatched. Out of the 16 eggs received, 8 of them made it to full hatch. From what I have heard/read from others, this 50/50 percentage rate is pretty good with shipped eggs. If you would like the name of the seller, I can send it to you in a separate message.
Please message me the seller info!

Back
Top Bottom